Breast Reconstruction - Case # 100449
Before & After pictures from a patient who suffered breast cancer and was treated at another center through mastectomy 18 months before without immediate reconstruction. Patient wanted left breast reconstruction and she was cancer free at the time she came for the consultation.
- Age: 49.
- Mother of 1.
- Height: 5´41´´/ Weight: 165 lbs.
- Surgery: DIEP flap breast reconstruction .
- Techniques: healthy tissue (excess skin and fat) was taken from the abdominal area and used in left breast reconstruction. Blood vessels were also cut from the wall of the lower abdomen and moved up to the breast area. Blood vessels from the flap and blood vessels from the chest are carefully reattached to restore blood flow. Nipple and areola reconstruction were performed by tattooing.
- This technique does not require breast implants.
- Scar: above the pubic area and breast.
- Diep breast reconstruction performed under general anesthesia and took 5 hours.
- Recovery period: 1 month.
- After photos taken: 1 year.
Before & After photos were disclosed under patient´s authorization for demonstration purposes. Surgery results depend on the personal characteristics before surgery.